eady to sell your luxury golf home or buy one as a vacation property or investment? Collaborating with a RE/MAX® agent may be the quickest and most reliable way to make the transaction and signing across that dotted line profitable as well as seamless.
With an elevated portfolio and a distinctive brand, The RE/MAX Collection is highly sought after by discerning luxury homebuyers and sellers. The global luxury brand has a network of agents who are well-versed in the most desirable properties. They also have extensive experience in representing upscale homes and affluent clientele.
The Orlando-based Crystal Adams with RE/MAX Innovationis an expert on luxury homes that are in prestigious golf communities. She says that collaborating with The RE/MAX Collection has offered a range of benefits in the space. “Aligning with The RE/MAX Collection has provided distinct advantages in marketing and selling luxury golf course properties in Orlando,” she says. “The exclusive marketing opportunities and ongoing training and support offered by The RE/MAX Collection further enhance my ability to attract qualified buyers and provide exceptional service to my clients.”
In addition to skilled agents, The RE/MAX Collection offers a highly vetted pool of buyers and sellers. Every home listed in the portfolio is required to be twice the average sold price in the city it’s listed—a hallmark that makes the brand stand out and gives a competitive edge.
One of the company’s top agents, Jimly Harris with RE/MAX Preferred cites a property she’s selling in Lakeville, Minnesota, for $1.7 million. Overlooking the golf course at the tony Brackett’s Crossing Country Club, the estate has five bedrooms and six baths and is a design showpiece with its stone features, expansive outdoor area with a swimming pool, sleek white aesthetic and high ceilings throughout. “This particular property is sentimental as a remarkable custom home builder brought his dream and vision to this home. He rehabbed it to capture the amazing views of the course,” says Harris. “His passion for golf was illustrated through the way the house intertwines with the curves of the course and surrounding water. It is truly a masterpiece.”
If you’re looking to buy—or sell—a masterpiece of your own, RE/MAX has plenty of insider advice for luxury golf real estate. Here, we present 7 simple steps to follow.
1. Define what you’re buying. Are you seeking a primary or secondary residence? Do you like to golf in various parts of the country? Consider a secondary residence as a vacation home, and if you’re drawn to a particular destination such as South Florida or the Napa Valley countryside, seek homes in that area as you’re more likely to enjoy and take advantage of your investment.
2. It’s all about location. There are many incredible golf communities and courses to enjoy the great outdoors while perfecting your game. Think about the time it takes to travel to those destinations and how often you plan to visit the area.
3. Figure out financing. Identify where your money is coming from to pay for the property, and talk to your financial planner to help determine your course of action.
4. Consider fractional ownership. The RE/MAX Collection partners with Pacaso to help homeowners sell their golf course homes as well as buyers looking to purchase a fraction of a home. Fractional ownership allows buyers to have part of an equity in a property and limits their financial commitment. If you’re unsure about your long-term plans, this may be the way to go.
5. Hire the right agent. With an expansive global presence, The RE/MAX Collection luxury agents help open the doors to luxurious living worldwide. The right luxury agent can lead the way to a home on the green or next to the tee box. Get started by visiting https://www.remax.com/luxury.
6. Photography and videography are key for sellers. Yes, the home’s features are important, but so is highlighting the lifestyle of the area and points of interest. These include the golf course, the clubhouse, images of views and any other notable amenities such as a golf community’s souped-up gym, spa and stylish restaurant.
7. Keep in contact with your agent. Closing that sale isn’t the end of the relationship with your agent. In fact, it’s the beginning of a lifelong collaboration as buyers and sellers go through different stages and desires in their lives.